TYPA print and papermaking centre is holding an annual linocut contest. You are very welcome to take part – rules and regulations are listed below.
Please read the conditions and terms of entry carefully. By entering this competition you agree to comply with these terms.
– The aim of Linocut Contest, organized by TYPA, is to attract original artwork for display in an exhibition at the Gallery of TYPA and to promote linocut technique among artists.
– The competition is open to all artists and non-artist from all over the world and all ages.
– This year’s theme is “Time”. As the contest happens during the same time period as this year’s museum night called “Time in the night”, the linocut contest will follow this them. This theme is open to interpretation, however the artist may want.
– You can submit up to three artworks, but you may only be eligible to win in one prize catergories.
– Multiple copies of the same matrix with small variations will be considered as one artwork.
– You warrant that your submission is your own original work and it does not infringe the rights of any other artist.
– The maximum size for the artwork must be 21 x 29,7 cm. Original works in larger sizes will not be considered.
– It is essential to include the original matrix within the linocut print. Those participants who send only the print will be disqualified.
– The illustrations must be sent without passe-partout or any other form of mounting. TYPA team will frame the artwork for the exhibition.
– TYPA team reserves the right to disqualify any artwork that doesn’t follow the requirements of the contest.
-The name of the artists and the title of the artwork must be written at the back of the print. Moreover, you must add your personal details in a closed envelope next to your artwork. The information inside the envelope must include:
- Title of the artwork
- Address (to which we should send the artwork and matrix back)
- Email address
- Phone number
– You can submit your artwork by delivering it to TYPA or sending it by post to:
TYPA, The Estonian Print and Paper Museum
Kastani 48f, 50410 Tartu
-The artwork must be submitted no later than April 30th, 2020 (the postmark date will serve a proof).
– Winners will be announced in three categories.
- Public’s favourite. Election through Facebook likes. The vote will be open from the beginning of the exhibition and finish when the exhibition closes.
- Artists’ favourite. The previous winners will decide their favourite artwork.
- TYPA’s favourite. The TYPA team will choose their favourite artwork.
– The winners will be announced after the exhibition is over.
– The prizes will be arranged after the winners are announced. TYPA will get in touch with the winners to agree the purchase of their artworks.
– The artworks will be exhibited from May 7th to June 9th 2020.
RETURN OF ARTWORK
– When the exhibition is over the artworks and matrixes will be returned to foreign artists via post at their expense. Estonian based artists can pick up their artworks from the TYPA or ask to have their artworks send via post on their expense.
– The responsibility for loss or damage, however caused during the transportation is not responsibility of TYPA. You are therefore advised to arrange adequate insurance to cover against such risks. TYPA shall not be liable for any loss or damage to the artwork whether or not caused by their negligence.
If you have any additional questions please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.